This was created by buydebook in the Goodreads Group – Readaholics
1. How many books is too many books in a book series?
I’d say around five, unless it’s Harry Potter or A Song of Ice and Fire. To go on further, there should be enough substance in the story to continue, and not just keep going for the sake of publishing more.
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I say I hate them, throw things, scream, and jump up and down in fury whenever I come across one, but deep down I love them for being able to get such strong feelings from me. If I care enough to be angry at a cliffhanger then it’s a good book.
3. Hardcopy or paperback?
I love hardbacks but don’t have many as they’re so much more expensive. Plus, carrying them in my backpack if probably the reason I’ll have terrible joint pain when I’m older.
4. Favorite book?
Oh, come on man. Don’t do that.
5. Least favorite book?
If you can’t do that one, you can’t do this one. I really didn’t enjoy the Time Traveller’s Wife, however.
6. Love triangles, yes or no?
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
Hot Milk by Deborah Levy. I’m still trying to get through it but it’s just so weird that I have to keep putting it down to digest, and then don’t want to pick it back up again. Hopefully I’ll manage to power through.
8. A book you’re currently reading?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
9. Last book you recommended to someone?
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. Check out my review!
10. Oldest book you’ve read? (Publication date)
Paradise Lost by Milton.
11. Newest book you’ve read? (Publication date)
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult maybe? Review here.
12. Favorite author?
Recently I’ve been getting into a lot of new authors like Celeste Ng and Clare Furniss, and discovering established authors’ works like VE Schwab. I can’t say they’re my favourite until I’ve read more from them but they’re shaping up to be.
13. Buying books or borrowing books?
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love?
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.
Moving swiftly on…
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Magnetic bookmarks – because I am incapable of not losing normal ones.
16. A book you can always reread?
Any of the Harry Potter books.
17. Can you read while hearing music?
I love reading while listening to the Peaceful Piano playlist on Spotify. I can’t listen to anything with words though, or I end up focusing too much on it instead of the book, or worse, singing along with my horrendous singing voice.
18. One POV or multiple POV’s? (POV’s = Point of views)
If having multiple POVs adds to the story then hell yeah!
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
I never find I have enough time to sit and devour a book in a day, though I aspire to. It usually takes me two or three days to finish a book.
20. Who do you tag?
Whoever is reading this! Let me know in the comments if you do it so I can check it out!