Though I wasn’t tagged, I’m really in the Christmassy mood and what better tag is there to do for this time of year?!
This tag was created by the booktuber Girl Reading, and I’ll link her video here.
- A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
I would love to spend Christmas dinner with the Order of the Phoenix. Though they aren’t a family, I would just love to be part of their Christmas. It would be so great to see everyone there and watch the Weasleys all interact, as well as Sirius and Remus spend their first Christmas together since they Lily and James were killed.
And also because I’d get to see more adorable family fluffiness:
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
I would really like a new reader mug. I have writing-themed mugs and a Harry Potter mug but I don’t have any reading-themed mugs. Maybe one warning people not to try and talk to me if I’m drinking and have a book in my hand!
3. A fictional character you think would make a perfect christmas elf?
Now imagine a red and green scarf, singing bauble deely boppers, a Christmas jumper, and candy canes hanging on his ears. You’re welcome.
4. Match a book to it’s perfect christmas song.
War is Over – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
5. Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I get that this is a very highly-esteemed book but I found that it went in circles way too much and it was just another level of depressing. Maybe I can try again when I’m more in the mood for it.
6. A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?
Stolen by Lucy Christopher. I had thoguht maybe this book would be quite problematic as it deals with Stockholm Syndrome which could so easily have been written as too romantic or ideal but it wasn’t. I was sobbing by the end of this one. Review here.
7. Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully christmasy feel to it.
I used to love reading this book when I was younger and whenever I look at the cover, I just get all the Christmas feels.
8. A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
My new series discovery this year was An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir, and I would love for everyone to find it under their tree this year. In hardback, of course, with the sequel (A Torch Against the Night) there too.
So, that was my festive Christmas book tag!
I’m going to tag 5 people, but don’t feel pressured into doing it if you don’t want to. Similarly, if you do want to do it and I haven’t tagged you, go ahead and link your post below and I’ll check it out!
Amber @ Escape Life In The Pages
Lara @ The Book Heathen
Jess @ Jessreadsbooks
Melissa @ Bookwormsfantasy
Thanks for reading,
Have a great day,